- US 6 (East Main Street) in Butler is scheduled to be closed Monday, June 14, 2021 to install a 60-inch stormwater intercept line 16-feet deep at the east end of the Forest River property, 685 East Main Street.
The potential closure period may extend to Monday, August 23, 2021, weather and construction details permitting. An earlier opening date is possible depending on how work progresses. Notification will be provided if the road is opened at an earlier date.
The official detour route for through east-bound traffic in Butler on US 6, as provided by the Indiana Department of Transportation, is as follows:
- Turn Southbound onto State Road 1 and proceed to State Road 8.
- Turn Eastbound on State Road 8 to the Ohio State Line where this road becomes Ohio State Road 18. Proceed Eastbound to the intersection with Ohio State Road 49 in Hicksville, Ohio.
- Proceed Northeast and North on Ohio State Road 49 to the intersection of Ohio State Road 49 and US 6 in Edgerton, Ohio.
- Through Westbound traffic on US 6 in Edgerton will reverse the same course as noted above.
A project aerial illustrating the location of the sewer work is provided on the second page of this notice.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during this project.